Jump to navigation Jump to search
- in an exegetic manner.
- 1902, Rush Rhees, The Life of Jesus of Nazareth:
- Critically more trustworthy, and exegetically very valuable, is Bernhard Weiss, Das Leben Jesu (3d ed. 1889, 2 vols.), translated from the first ed., The Life of Christ (1883, 3 vols.)
- 1893, Thomas De Quincey, The Posthumous Works of Thomas De Quincey, Vol. II (2 vols):
- And, if exegetically handled, it must mean that Walker, junr., is to continue spinning and spelling, as also once a week reading the Town and Country Magazine, all the days of his life.
- 1864, John Brown, Spare Hours:
- It was a favorite passage this, and he often threatened to treat it exegetically; laughing heartily when I said, in that case, he would not have great trouble with the context, which in others cost him a good deal.