Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
expectoration (usually uncountable, plural expectorations)
- (physiology) The action of expectorating, of ejecting phlegm or mucus from the throat or lungs by coughing, hawking, or spitting.
- (physiology) That which is expectorated, as phlegm or mucus.
that which is expectorated
From expectorer + -ation.
expectoration f (plural expectorations)
- “expectoration”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- Rhymes:English/eɪʃən/5 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- French terms suffixed with -ation
- French 5-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French feminine nouns