Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The quality of being fit or suitable to effect some desired end or the purpose intended; suitability for particular circumstance or situation.
- Divine wisdom discovers no expediency in vice.
- Much declamation may be heard in the present day against expediency, as if it were not the proper object of a deliberative assembly, and as if it were only pursued by the unprincipled.
- (uncountable) Pursuit of the course of action that brings the desired effect even if it is unjust or unprincipled.
- (obsolete) Haste; dispatch.
- (countable) An expedient.
quality of being fit or suitable to effect some desired end