Jump to navigation Jump to search
- expencive (archaic)
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪkˈspɛnsɪv/, /ɛkˈspɛnsɪv/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Having a high price or cost.
- 2013 June 22, “T time”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 68:
- […] a new study of how Starbucks has largely avoided paying tax in Britain […] shows that current tax rules make it easy for all sorts of firms to generate […] “stateless income”: […]. […] the firm has in effect turned the process of making an expensive cup of coffee into intellectual property.
- (computing) Taking a lot of system time or resources.
- an unnecessarily expensive choice of algorithm
having a high price or cost