Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
- Characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible.
- Fictional or not believable; made up.
- (obsolete) Known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
- (slang) Very good; outstanding, wonderful.
- (slang or euphemistic) Gay or pertaining to gay people.
- (slang) Camp, effeminate.
- (slang) Fashionable, glamorous
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:fabulous.
mythical or legendary; incredible
of the nature of a fable; unhistorical
extraordinary, especially in being very large
very good; wonderful
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.