Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Facebook
From face + book, likely modelled after namebook.
facebook (plural facebooks)
- A reference book or electronic directory made up of individuals’ photographs and names.
- A college publication distributed at the start of the academic year by university administrations with the intention of helping students get to know each other better.
- The shipment of facebooks will be distributed to the freshmen during orientation and move-in-week.
- 2001, Jonathan Franzen, The Corrections:
- In the last month, since he’d embarked on projects like digitally scanning Melissa Paquette’s face from a freshman facebook and suturing her head to obscene downloaded images and tinkering with these images pixel by pixel (and the hours did fly by when you were tinkering with pixels), he’d read no books at all.
- 2003, Steve Hofstetter, Student Body Shots: A Sarcastic Look at the Best 4-6 Years of Your Life:
- There is no interests section in the facebook. You know why? No one wants to flip through a book to find out which girls play chess.
- (a book containing pictures of faces): mug book
a reference book or electronic directory
a college publication
- yearbook (traditionally published at the end of the academic year)
facebook (third-person singular simple present facebooks, present participle facebooking, simple past and past participle facebooked)
- Alternative form of Facebook