Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To fall to the ground. To collapse.
- Ring a-ring o' roses, / A pocketful of posies. / A-tishoo! A-tishoo! / We all fall down. — traditional nursery rhyme (British version)
- The beams supporting the roof had rotted, causing the entire house to fall down.
- (nautical) To sail or drift toward the mouth of a river or other outlet.
- (intransitive, figuratively) To fail.
- That is where your reasoning falls down.
to fall to the ground