fall in love
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive, of a person, animate object following “with”) To come to have feelings of love, particularly romantic love.
- I fell in love with him the moment I first saw him.
- Have you ever fallen in love?
- (intransitive, reciprocal) To come to have feelings of love towards each other.
- They met, fell in love, got married, and lived happily ever after.
- (intransitive, of a person, inanimate object following “with”) To come to have feelings of intense liking directed at another person or a thing.
- I have just fallen in love with Rome!
to come to have feelings of love
to come to have feelings of love towards each other
to come to have feelings of intense liking
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.