Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Suitable for families consisting of parents and minor children.
- This family friendly paradise - with its giant snow slides, outdoor amphitheatre, and traditional winter activities - is the ideal destination for the young and old alike.
- Promoting the welfare of the family structure.
2003 May 1, “Joint Report On Social Inclusion”, in Commission of the European Communities:
- [...] reviewing the parental leave and maternity schemes and, finally, raising awareness of employers about the importance of creating a family-friendly working environment.
- (US) Devoid of material deemed inappropriate for children such as sexually-explicit text or images, use of profanity, or references to the use of illegal drugs.
- Often used in a subjective context where the meaning is colored by the user's social, religious, cultural or political perspective on what constitutes appropriate content, activities, or support for families.