Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An event at which a series of models display clothing in front of an audience.
- Synonym: fashion show
- 1915, Bernarr Macfadden, Vitality Supreme, New York: Physical Culture Publishing, Chapter 9, p. 105,
- Now to secure the real benefits that come from walking there should be no laziness about it. Do not walk as though you were on a fashion parade.
- 1981, Sumner Locke Elliott, Signs of Life, New Haven: Ticknor & Fields, p. 96,
- “Miss Green, I wonder, if you’ve time on your hands now, could you be coaxed into being in a fashion parade of which I’m chairman, at the Sherry Netherland next week? Jean de Perrault’s spring line.”
- 2007, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o, Wizard of the Crow, New York: Pantheon, Section 2, Chapter 2, p. 138,
- One [line] was made up of people in custom suits, standing stiffly and solemnly as if at a fashion parade; it reached all the way to the door.