See also: fédéral
- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 Portuguese
- 4 Spanish
- 5 Swedish
federal (not comparable)
- Pertaining to a league or treaty; derived from an agreement or covenant between parties, especially between nations.
- The Romans compelled them, contrary to all federal right, […] to part with Sardinia.
- Pertaining to the national government level, as opposed to state, provincial, county, city, or town.
pertaining to a league or treaty; derived from an agreement or covenant between parties, especially between nations
pertaining to the national government level
federal (plural federals)
- fed (noun)
a law-enforcement officer of the FBI
federal (masculine and feminine plural federals)
federal (plural federales)
federal m (plural federales)
- A federal law enforcement officer, usually belonging to the Mexican government.
|Inflection of federal|
|1) Only used, optionally, to refer to things whose natural gender is masculine.
2) The indefinite superlative forms are only used in the predicative.