Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Feeler
feeler (plural feelers)
- (literally) Someone or something that feels.
- Are you more of a feeler or more of a thinker?
- (anatomy) An antenna or appendage used for feeling, especially on an insect.
- (figuratively) Something ventured to test another's feelings, opinion, or position.
- I sent out some feelers but they didn't seem interested.
- This survey is designed to get a feeler about how the citizens feel about the proposed new highway.
- (Philippines) Someone that assumes or imagines that one's affection is reciprocated; Someone that indulges in one's own wishful thinking; One who flatters oneself
someone or something that feels
an antenna or appendage used to feel, as on an insect
Something ventured to test other's feelings
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked