Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfiːvə pɪtʃ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfivɚ pɪtʃ/
- Hyphenation: fe‧ver pitch
- (idiomatic) Extreme excitement.
2013 November 3, Delme Parfitt, “Cardiff City 1 – 0 Swansea City: Steven Caulker heads Bluebirds to South Wales derby win”, in Wales Online:
- After all the hype, all the fever pitch build-up, the encounter never really lived up to expectations – as is so often the case with derbies – and the atmosphere was even a little subdued at times.