- The estate controlled by a feudal lord; a fief.
- The duke's fiefdom had been greatly expanded as a reward for his dutiful military service on behalf of the king.
- (by extension, chiefly pejorative) Any organization in the control of a dominant individual.
- Most of our company's computers are standardized, but the IT director allows the employees in his own little fiefdom to specify their own machines.
- 2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- Hollande told cheering supporters in his rural fiefdom of Corrèze in south-west France that he was best-placed to lead France towards change, saying the vote marked a "rejection" of Sarkozy and a "sanction" against his five years in office.
estate controlled by a feudal lord