- The estate controlled by a feudal lord; a fief.
- The duke's fiefdom had been greatly expanded as a reward for his dutiful military service on behalf of the king.
- (by extension, chiefly pejorative) Any organization in the control of a dominant individual.
- Most of our company's computers are standardized, but the IT director allows the employees in his own little fiefdom to specify their own machines.
2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- Hollande told cheering supporters in his rural fiefdom of Corrèze in south-west France that he was best-placed to lead France towards change, saying the vote marked a "rejection" of Sarkozy and a "sanction" against his five years in office.
estate controlled by a feudal lord