Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
first-degree (not comparable)
- First-degree. Compare second-degree, third-degree and fourth-degree.
- (of a burn) Limited to redness of skin, such as sunburns, which is less damaging than second-degree, third-degree and fourth-degree burns.
- (of a murder) That is a murder in the aggravated form.
- (of an atrioventricular block) That is an atrioventricular block of the highest degree, a disease of the electrical conduction system of the heart.
- (of a relative) That is a parent, offspring or sibling.