Jump to navigation Jump to search
fisticuff (plural fisticuffs)
- (rare) A fistfight.
- 1852, Eli Bowen et al., The Pictorial Sketch-book of Pennsylvania:
- Every fifteen or twenty minutes there was a rush to some part, to witness a fisticuff.
- (obsolete) A cuff or blow administered with the fist.
- (chiefly humorous) To engage in a physical fight.
- (obsolete) To strike, fight or spar with the fists.
- 1846, Making of America Project, The American Whig Review:
- Do they fisticuff with thunder-snaggs […]