Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: flambe
flambé (not comparable)
- Being, or having been, flambéed.
- (ceramics, of Chinese porcelain) Decorated by glaze splashed or irregularly spread upon the surface, or apparently applied at the top and allowed to run down the sides.
being or having been flambéed
flambé (plural flambés)
- (cooking) A showy cooking technique where an alcoholic beverage, such as brandy, is added to hot food and then the fumes are ignited.
- A flambéed dish.
- To cook with a showy technique where an alcoholic beverage, such as brandy, is added to hot food and then the fumes are ignited.
- "Flambé the dessert", ordered the Chef, "but take the dish off the heat before adding the brandy or you'll burn your eyebrows off."
to add and ignite alcohol to food