- Showy; visually impressive, attention-getting, or appealing.
- The dancers wore flashy costumes featuring shiny sequins in many vibrant colors.
- (dated, poetic) Flashing; producing flashes.
- a flashy light
- 1826, Benjamin Apthorp Gould, The Works of Vergil: Translated into English Prose
- […] the accustomed warmth pierced his marrow, and ran thrilling through his shaken bones; just as when at times, with forked thunder burst, a chinky stream of fire in flashy lightning shoots athwart the skies.
showy; visually impressive, attention-getting, or appealing