Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
flip-flop (plural flip-flops)
- A sandal, usually of rubber, secured to the foot by two straps mounted between the big toe and its neighbour.
- An instance of flip-flopping, of repeatedly changing one's stated opinion about a matter.
- (computing, electronics) An electronic circuit (a bistable multivibrator) that has two stable states and is thereby capable of serving as one bit of memory.
bistable electronic circuit
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To alternate back and forth between directly opposite opinions, ideas, or decisions.
flip-flop m (plural flip-flops)
- flip-flop (type of electronic circuit)