Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To render the image of an object such that it appears to be receding in space as it is perceived visually.
- To abridge, reduce, contract.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:diminish
- To make shorter.
- 2017 June 26, Alexis Petridis, “Glastonbury 2017 verdict: Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Lorde, Stormzy and more”, in the Guardian:
- The Californian duo looked and sounded like the kind of band you would have seen being excitedly introduced on The Old Grey Whistle Test in early 1976, only to find their career suddenly foreshortened by the arrival of punk