Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
foretop (plural foretops)
- (obsolete) The top of the head; the top of the forehead.
- (obsolete) The lock of hair which grows on top of the forehead; the corresponding part of a wig.
- (obsolete) In the phrase, to take time (or occasion or opportunity) by the foretop, meaning "to boldly seize an opportunity".
- (obsolete) A fop; one who sports a foretop.
- (UK dialectal) An erect tuft of hair.
- The forelock of a horse.
- (nautical) A platform at the top of the foremast, supported by the trestle trees.
- The front seat at the top of a horse-drawn vehicle.
erect tuft of hair
forelock of a horse — see forelock
nautical: platform at the top of the foremast
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition, 1989