- (physics) The ratio of the RMS value to the absolute mean of a sinusoidal wave (especially to that of an alternating current)
- (physics) Any of several functions that describe the unknown internal state of a particle
- (physics) The emissivity of a material
- (crystallography) A function that describes the scattering power of an atom as function of the scattering angle
- (mechanics) A factor describing the stress distribution of a body
- The geometry of an object, especially in engineering design; configuration.
2004, Scott Mueller, Upgrading and Repairing Laptops, page 311:
- Shugart Associates first introduced the 5.25-inch form factor along with the first 5.25-inch floppy drive back in 1976.
- 2007, March, Erin McKean, “Redefining the dictionary”, Technology Entertainment Design
- I want him to barely remember that this is the form factor that dictionaries used to come in.