Jump to navigation Jump to search
formulary (plural formularies)
- A pharmacopoeia or list of available drugs, particularly prescription drugs
- 2009 February 2, “Oxycodone has positive side, too”, in Toronto Star:
- However, when used appropriately under medical guidance, this drug is a safe and essential part of a physician's formulary.
- (healthcare) A list of drugs, created by health insurers, hospitals, or prescription drug plans, that defines how costs for any drug are shared between patient and health care provider, typically broken down by tiers such as preferred generics with lowest copay, or preferred brand with higher copay, or non-preferred brand and not covered tiers with the highest cost to the patient.
- 2006 October 3, Vanessa Fuhrmans, “Medicare drug plans: the new choices”, in Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
- Even if beneficiaries want to stay in their current plan, they should still check that the drugs they take are remaining on their plan's formulary and on the same co-pay "tier" as before.
- An ancient or medieval collection of models for official writings.
- A collection of formulas in sciences and mathematics.
- Stated; prescribed; ritual.