Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Very cold; lacking warmth; icy.
2013 March 1, Nancy Langston, “Mining the Boreal North”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 2, page 98:
- Reindeer are well suited to the taiga’s frigid winters. They can maintain a thermogradient between body core and the environment of up to 100 degrees, in part because of insulation provided by their fur, and in part because of counter-current vascular heat exchange systems in their legs and nasal passages.
- Chilly in manner; lacking affection or zeal; impassive.
- (colloquial) Sexually unresponsive, especially of a woman.
chilly in manner; lacking affection or zeal; impassive
sexually unresponsive, especially of a woman
- frigid in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- frigid in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text