Jump to navigation Jump to search
frontispiece (plural frontispieces)
- (publishing) An illustration that is on the page before the title page of a book, a section of one, or a magazine.
- (archaic, publishing) The title page of a book.
- (architecture) A façade, especially an ornamental one.
- (architecture) A small ornamental pediment, especially at the top of a window or door.
publishing: title page — see title page
- (transitive, rare) To supply with a frontispiece.
- The novel was frontispieced with a portrait of the author.