- IPA(key): /ˈfrus.to/, [ˈfr̺us̪t̪o]
- Rhymes: -usto
- Hyphenation: frù‧sto
Alternative form of frustato, perfect passive participle of frustare (“to whip”, “to wear out”), derived from frusta (“whip”), from Latin fūstis (“knobbed stick”).
frusto m (feminine singular frusta, masculine plural frusti, feminine plural fruste)
- past participle of frustare
- (dated) threadbare, worn out
- (figuratively) outworn, worn out
Form of frustare.
- first-person singular present indicative of frustare
From Latin frustum.
frusto m (plural frusti)
- (archaic) A piece or scrap (of food).
- dative singular of frustum
- ablative singular of frustum