Jump to navigation Jump to search
Verb is from German herumfurzen (“to fart around”) (herum- + furzen), perhaps via Yiddish arumfartzen; alternatively, futz is simply a euphemism for fuck. Noun is probably from German Fotze (“cunt”).
futz (plural futzes)
- (vulgar, colloquial, dialectal, derogatory) An objectionable woman
- Janet gets on my nerves. She's a dumb futz, ain't she?
- See putz
- To be frivolous and waste time [from the 20th c.]
- To experiment by trial and error
- Used especially in the phrase futz around.