Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑɹ.mənt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑː.mənt/
- Hyphenation: gar‧ment
garment (plural garments)
- A single item of clothing.
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter I, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314, page 0108:
- This new-comer was a man who in any company would have seemed striking. […] Indeed, all his features were in large mold, like the man himself, as though he had come from a day when skin garments made the proper garb of men.
- See also Thesaurus:clothing
single item of clothing
- garment in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- garment in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
- garment at OneLook Dictionary Search