Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
gated (not comparable)
- Capable of being switched on and off (normally by means of a signal).
- Have a gate or other restricted access.
- 2013 July 27, “Architectural bombast”, in The Economist, volume 408, number 8846:
- Gated, gilded and gaudy, they have sprung up all over China: overwrought government buildings erected at vast public expense, and in stark contrast to the shoddy state of so many homes and schools. In style they range from modernist brutalism to Versailles kitsch.
- a gated community; a source control system with gated check-ins