Jump to navigation Jump to search
gatekeeper (plural gatekeepers)
- A person or group who controls access to something or somebody.
- 2012, James Lambert, “Beyond Hobson-Jobson: A new lexicography for Indian English”, in World Englishes, page 302:
- The sources the citations are drawn from are significant, being printed books or newspapers subject to editorial processes and gatekeepers of language standards, as opposed to unedited texts such as blogs, chatroom logs or student writing.
- A person who guards or monitors passage through a gate.
- A common orange and brown butterfly with eyespots, Pyronia tithonus, of the family Nymphalidae.
A person who guards or monitors passage through a gate