Jump to navigation Jump to search
gateless (not comparable)
- Without a gate.
- 2007 March 18, Roja Heydarpour, “At Muslim Resting Place, 5 New Child-Size Graves”, in New York Times:
- Anthony Sparno’s days are usually filled with silent hours tending his gateless 12-acre cemetery.
- (by extension) Boundless; unrestricted.
- 2004, Ronald H. Bayor, The Columbia Documentary History of Race and Ethnicity in America, →ISBN:
- First, Negroes are trapped—as many whites are trapped—in inherited, gateless poverty.
- 2013, Steve Erickson, Tours of the Black Clock: A Novel, →ISBN:
- We're left to our own devices, you and I, emancipated and gateless.
- 2018, Michael Ondaatje, Warlight, →ISBN, page 278:
- He had assumed he would always be independent and gateless.