Jump to navigation Jump to search
gatsby (plural gatsbies)
- (South Africa) A snack consisting of a baguette filled with french fries, sauce, and other ingredients.
- 2007, Robyn Cohen, Nearly Finished: A Guide to Home Renovation, page 33:
- Who wants to nag, if you can go to the beach and eat a Gatsby with smoked salmon and cream cheese?
- 2011, Ken Albala, Food Cultures of the World Encyclopedia, page 178:
- A favorite Cape fast food is the gatsby, a large hot dog bun filled with cooked or processed meat, French fries, and sauce, or a salomi, curry wrapped in a roti flat bread.