geniculate (not comparable)
- (anatomy, botany) Bent abruptly, with the structure of a knee.
- a geniculate stem; a geniculate ganglion; a geniculate twin crystal
- Having kneelike joints; able to bend at an abrupt angle.
- (obsolete, rare, transitive) To form joints or knots on.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cockeram to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for geniculate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)