Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state of being elegant, genteel, having good breeding, or being socially superior.
- 2020 August 12, Tariro Mzezewa; Kim Severson, “Charleston Tourism Is Built on Southern Charm. Locals Say It’s Time to Change.”, in New York Times:
- A powerful visitors’ bureau has pushed the South Carolina city to the top of “best” lists by selling gentility. Critics say that has come at the expense of history and the city’s Black population.
- The upper classes, the gentry.
The state of being elegant
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked