Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Gentry
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɛntɹɪ/
- (General American, Canada) enPR: jĕnʹtrē, IPA(key): /ˈdʒɛntɹi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛntɹi
- Hyphenation (US): gen‧try
- Birth; condition; rank by birth.
- Courtesy; civility; complaisance.
- People of education and good breeding.
- (Britain) In a restricted sense, those people between the nobility and the yeomanry.
people of education and good breeding
people between nobility and yeomanry