Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
gillyflower (plural gillyflowers)
- clove pink
- Any clove-scented flower.
- Any of several species of wallflower.
- A variety of purplish-red apple with a roundish conical shape and a large core.
- (heraldry) A stylized representation of a carnation blossom, usually red, and shown with or without a slip and leaves.
- clove gillyflower
- marsh gillyflower
- Queen's gillyflower
- sea gillyflower
- wall gillyflower
- water gillyflower
- winter gillyflower
- "Gillyflower" in Michael Quinion, Ballyhoo, Buckaroo, and Spuds, 2004.
any clove-scented flower
variety of apple
heraldry: stylized carnation blossom