give a fuck
Jump to navigation Jump to search
give a fuck (third-person singular simple present gives a fuck, present participle giving a fuck, simple past gave a fuck, past participle given a fuck)
- (idiomatic, vulgar, chiefly in the negative) To care; to give a shit.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:care
- 2010, Tim Minchin (music), “The Pope Song”:
- And I don't give a fuck if calling the pope a motherfucker / means you unthinkingly brand me an unthinking apostate.
- 2016, Tim Carvell; Josh Gondelman; Dan Gurewitch; Jeff Maurer; Ben Silva; Will Tracy; Jill Twiss; Seena Vali; Julie Weiner, “Retirement Plans”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 3, episode 15, HBO, Warner Bros. Television:
- We did some very rough estimates, and, with 35 employees contributing just $6,000 a year, after 30 years, half a percent could add up to roughly a million dollars! That number was so high you’ll never guess what happened: Janice in accounting actually gave a fuck! I’m serious! She’s a changed woman now!
- The committee doesn't give a fuck about this issue, but you know what, I give a fuck!
give a shit — see give a shit