Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One who is favored or the favorite (in a family, on a team, at work, etc.), often held in high esteem by others, and for whom there are high hopes.
- 1999, David Henry Hwang, Golden Child, page 12:
- See the trouble you cause? Why can't you present yourself with your brothers and sisters? AHN. Because I am a golden child.
- 2010, Oscar Knight, Momster, How to Survive A Stolen Childhood, page 214:
- In short, one child in the family is the Golden Child, and one or more is the Scapegoat.
- 2010, Monica R. Parker, What it Takes, page 93:
- Yes, if you begin with the reputation of being a Golden Child, it can cushion the blow for those early days when you make a few mistakes (because I say again, you will make a few mistakes).