Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
green bean (plural green beans)
- The immature pods of any kind of bean plant, eaten as a vegetable.
- The immature pods of numerous varieties of the common bean, Phaseolus vulgaris.
immature pods of any kind of bean
- Japanese: サヤマメ (sayamame), さや豆 (さやまめ, sayamame)
- Luxembourgish: gréng Boun f
- Polish: zielona fasola f
- Portuguese: vagem (pt) f
- Romanian: păstăi verzi f pl, fasole verde f
- Russian: зелёная фасо́ль f (zeljónaja fasólʹ)
- Serbo-Croatian: grašak (sh) m
- Spanish: bajoca f (Eastern Spain), caparrón verde m (Northern Central Spain), chaucha f (Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay), ejote m (Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras), fréjol m (Northwestern Spain), habichuela f (Colombia, Cuba, Panama, Southern Spain and Canary Islands), habichuela tierna f (Puerto Rico), habichuela verde f (Southern Spain), judía verde f (Spain standard usage), poroto verde m (Chile), vaina (Spanish Basque Country), vainica f (Costa Rica, Nicaragua), vainita f (Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela)
- Tagalog: sitaw
immature pods of common bean