- Any member of the order Carcharhiniformes, the largest order of sharks with over 270 species.
- A Greenland shark, Somniosus microcephalus.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see ground, shark.
1975, Robert Franklin Morris, Product development and nutritional evaluation underutilized species of sharks:
- The shark was ground in a small Hobard silent cutter for four minutes. The communuted meat was divided into three batches of 2100 g each and designated A, B, and C. Flavoring compounds and colors from several manufacturers were added to the ground shark.
- (Carcharhiniformes): whaler shark
member of Carcharhiniformes
Greenland shark — see Greenland shark