Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Hackman
hackman (plural hackmen)
- The driver of a hack
- 1869, Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens), The Innocents Abroad, Part 3 of 6:
- But he makes all his calculations with the nicest precision, and goes darting in and out among a Broadway confusion of busy craft with the easy confidence of the educated hackman.
- 1870, Various, Punchinello, Vol. 1, No. 22, August 27, 1870:
- He did not engage the services of any hackman or professional guide.
- 1898, Henry Francis Keenan, The Iron Game:
- The hackman had taken him to the house where Jones was lying.