Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: halfhearted
Audio (US) (file)
- Not sincere; lacking full energy, effort, commitment, or resolve.
- He made a half-hearted attempt to read the chapter before giving up and dozing off.
2012 May 9, Jonathan Wilson, “Europa League: Radamel Falcao's Atlético Madrid rout Athletic Bilbao”, in the Guardian:
- There were chants against the domestic league's president Dumitru Dragomir and also a half-hearted two-man pitch invasion by Universitatea Craiova fans protesting at the expulsion of their club from the league.
- (obsolete) Lacking in heart or spirit; ungenerous; unkind.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ben Jonson to this entry?)
Not sincere; lacking full energy