half and half
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: half-and-half
- In equal parts; half
- In two equal parts.
- A mixture of two things, generally in about equal proportions.
- (US) A mixture of cream and milk often used in coffee, defined by the US Food and Drug Administration to contain between 10.5% and 18% milk fat.
- A mixture of two alcoholic beverages, most frequently those brewed from malt, such as porter and ale or mild and bitter beers, in about equal parts; also used for equal parts of an alcoholic beverage and water.
- A person of mixed race or with dual nationality.
- (Britain) A combination of both rice and chips as an accompaniment to a curry, as opposed to one or the other.
- (Britain) A combination of beer and ale (or similar alcoholic drinks) in equal quantities.
- Both oral sex and vaginal sex performed in sequence by a prostitute
- (US) A mixture of half lemonade and half iced tea.
- (lemonade and iced tea): Arnold Palmer
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:half and half.
- Cream & milk sense legally defined in US government regulations, CFR Title 21, Volume 2, (21CFR131.180), PP 303-304.