- (slang) Hungry and angry, especially when the anger is induced by the hunger.
- 2005, L. R. Parenti, Durata Del Dramma: Life Of Drama, page 98:
- I also get really "hangry".
- 2008, “The Great Southern Ontario Burger Trail”, in National Post:
- We're not talking about the fast-food giants or smaller chains, such as Wimpy's, both of which turn up frequently in the stripmalls that dot the Trail. No matter how hungry -- or even hangry -- you and your fellow travellers are, eschew these places.
- 2011, Chris Haire, “I'm tired of writing about Nikki Haley”, in Charleston City Paper:
- Seriously, somebody needs to give this toddler a bottle and put him down for a nap. That baby pitches a fit when he gets hangry.
- 2015, Amanda Salis, “The science behind being "Hangry"”, in CNN "The conversation":
- 2016 "People Pleaser", The Powerpuff Girls
- Mission Control: "Get them pizza before they get hangry. Hungry and angry!"
- Astronaut: "We're hangry! Hungry and angry!"