happener (plural happeners)
- (dated, 1960s-1970s) One who participates in a happening.
- A person who makes things happen.
1998, Russell Hoban, Riddley Walker, page 118:
- Goodparley says, 'O no and in deed he aint hes bettern clevver hes a mover hes a happener. […] '
2009, Jan Doke, Broken Jar, page 167:
- Just as we who believe in God know that there can be no creation without a Creator, we also know that whenever something happens, there is always a happener.
- A person to whom things happen.
1984, Rex Burns, Strip Search: A Gabe Wager Mystery, page 23:
- "No way! He's not one of these people that do things. There's two kinds of people—the doers and the happeners. He's a happener. You know, things happen to him instead."
- (often used in the negative) An event that is expected to happen; a plan that is likely to succeed.