Jump to navigation Jump to search
heavyweight (plural heavyweights)
- A very large, heavy, or impressive person.
- an intellectual heavyweight
- 2011 Allen Gregory, "Pilot" (season 1, episode 1):
- Allen Gregory DeLongpre: Who's he?
- Patrick: He's only the most popular kid in school.
- Allen Gregory: Ah, the two heavyweights finally meet. Sure you're tired of all the buzz. Allen Gregory DeLongpre.
- Joel Zadak: Joel...Zadak!
- (uncountable) The professional boxing weight class for boxers weighing more than 190 pounds; a boxer in that division.
- (uncountable) A similar division and contestant in other sports.
large, heavy or impressive person
weight class in boxing and other sports
heavyweight (not comparable)
- Of the heavyweight boxing (or similar) division.
- Being relatively heavy.
- Being a leader in one's field.
- Important or impressive.