Related to henchman (“faithful follower, supporter, groom”); perhaps a back-formation from that word.
hench (plural henches)
- (architecture) The narrow side of chimney stack, a haunch.
- (architecture) The side of an arch from the topmost part (crown) to the bottommost part (impost).
hench (third-person singular simple present henches, present participle henching, simple past and past participle henched)
- (comics) To be a henchman or henchwoman, usually for a supervillain.
hench (comparative more hench, superlative most hench)
- (Britain, slang) Big, strong, and muscular.
- He's well hench.
- That's a seriously hench doorman.