herpeto- + fauna
- IPA(key): /ˈhɜː(ɹ)pɪtəʊˌfɔːnə/
herpetofauna (usually uncountable, plural herpetofaunas)
- Reptiles and amphibians as a group, especially those of a particular region or time period.
- The island is noted for its diverse herpetofauna.
- The herpetofaunas of the two regions reflect the differences in their geological histories.
amphibians and reptiles as a group
- French: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: please add this translation if you can
- Spanish: please add this translation if you can