heteromorphemic (not comparable)
- (linguistics) Not occurring in the same morpheme; separated by a morpheme boundary.
- 1964, Ural-Altaic yearbook, volume 36, page 33:
- To be sure all these examples of sequences are all heteromorphemic.
- 2012, F. Dell, Syllables In Tashlhiyt Berber And In Moroccan Arabic, page 234:
- The geminate ss is heteromorphemic, i.e. it is a single bundle of distinctive features linked to two heteromorphemic skeletal slots.
- 2015, Andrew Byrd, The Indo-European Syllable, page 45:
- For example, the OCP blocks geminate sequences in English, except across certain prosodic boundaries, such as in compounds like penknife [pεn:aif] and heteromorphemic formations such as solely [sowl:i].