hexapod (plural hexapods)
- Any organism or being with six legs.
1983, Jean-Marc Lofficier, The Doctor Who Programme Guide, volume 2, page 8:
- My lips will be even more firmly sealed about the various suggestions put forward concerning the interpersonal relationships of Alpha Centauri, the hermaphrodite hexapod.
- 2000, Alan Dean Foster, A Triumph of Souls
- The bizarre hexapods did indeed feed upon those unfortunate creatures who had been caught and killed by the flames. But the striped carnivores were not scavengers; They were hunters.
- 2007, Gaurav Suhas Sukhatme, Stefan Schaal, Wolfram Burgard (eds.), Robotics: Science and Systems II, page 97
- These concepts are applied to a robotic hexapod, which, through the use of compliant microspines on its feet, is capable of climbing hard vertical textured surfaces, such as stucco
- An arthropod with six feet; a member of subphylum Hexapoda.
- (dated) An insect.
organism or being with six legs
arthropod with six feet
insect — see insect
hexapod (not comparable)